Please Daven for Avigayil Bas Rivka Batya.

Please Daven for Avigayil Bas Rivka Batya.

Monday, March 10, 2014

Ode to the Monitor


Ok, so this isn’t really a poem, but I thought I would introduce you to my almost constant companion. I can spend up to 5 hours a day on the monitor. It is a love hate relationship. It’s my most constant visitor and my captor all in one. The monitor is used to check the fetal heart rate. Since our baby’s fetal heart rate has been doing some pretty funky things lately, I find myself on it more and more. While on it, I cannot move. Sometimes I cannot even sit up.  Whenever it comes into my room I welcome it with a kind of quite resignation.

The monitor is also a comforting presence. While I lay in bed it beeps away in time with the baby’s heart. This is a constant reminder of what this is all for. Hashem (G-d) has seen fit to create within me the potential for life. It’s that potential that we are all trying so hard to achieve.  It’s for that reason that I am here and that all this effort is being expended. 

So, Here I sit. Listening as the beeps speed and slow, watching the lines go up and down and praying to Hashem to help us let this potential into the world. To let it be safe and let it’s light shine brightly. Please Hashem, Let us be zoche (deserving) of helping you in the act of creation by bringing a sweet baby into the world. Let these beeps become beats and let us all rejoice in the miracles and wonders of your world.



No comments:

Post a Comment