Please Daven for Avigayil Bas Rivka Batya.

Please Daven for Avigayil Bas Rivka Batya.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Knitting and Crocheting



The hospital social worker came last week to talk to me about extended hospital stays. One thing she suggested was to take up knitting or crochet. I actually started doing this a few years ago. However with the increasing in our family and my working hours there was a dramatic decrease in the amount of time I spent doing these things. I had several projects either abandoned half way through or sitting ready to go but never started. Dov dumped everything I had into an old Ikea bag and brought it over.

It took a little remembering (thank you, youtube) but I picked it back up pretty quickly. So far I have made two preemie hats (which I hope to donate and not use) as well as a teddy bear head (I hope to make the rest of him, but that project is a bit harder and slower going, so I am working on it in between smaller projects that help me to feel more of a sense of accomplishment.

IY”H (Please G-d) I will share some of these with you in the future. If anyone has any interesting and not too complicated patterns that they want to send me I’d love to receive them.

As for a medical update, while the information from the last ultrasound was encouraging, it was reviewed today by the head of the department and she found that the growth of the head seems to be slowing down. In my condition this is the first sign of trouble. They will be doing some more scans later in the week and consulting with neonatology early next week, when they have all the results, before deciding how to proceed. We will have to wait to see what is going to happen, but given this new information it is very likely that the baby will be born sooner rather than later.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment