Please Daven for Avigayil Bas Rivka Batya.

Please Daven for Avigayil Bas Rivka Batya.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Denied

We are back to square one.  After a week of running around and thinking we where bringing Avigayil home,  the insurance notified us today that they will not pay for the machine she needs to come home.  I'm heartbroken. Everyone was so sure that this was going to work.  Even the NICU staff was taken by surprise. I was ready to move on, to move beyond the hospital.  My entire life has revolved around this place for the last 6 months.  It was bittersweet thinking about leaving,  but I was ready. Now we are back to the endless tunnel that is the NICU.

I'm not sure though who is more upset,  me or the doctor.  Dr. Y, who has been working hard to get this set up,  had many words to express how he felt. None of them are repeatable. The hospital is appealing on our behalf. We are hoping with all our might that they can still push it through, that we will still be able to bring Avigayil home. Otherwise, we are in for a very long haul.

In the meantime,  Avigayil is having a rough day.  She is vomiting a lot, having difficulty breathing and is very uncomfortable. Please keep her in your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry the machine was denied. Please Hashem it should be approved asap!! We are Davening for you and avigayil!

    ReplyDelete