Please Daven for Avigayil Bas Rivka Batya.

Please Daven for Avigayil Bas Rivka Batya.

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

A Mother's Promise

The trauma of a birth unlike others never really fades. The indescribable fall from joy at hearing "Mazal Tov, its a girl" followed by silence, the absence of your baby's cry is so life changing that it becomes a part of you forever. Time moves on, The little girls' health improves, but the battles that you have fought have left scars on your heart that change the essence of who you are. Words like gratitude, health, and happiness take on new meanings.

I wish these were battles that we never needed to fight. That being said, I wouldn't trade the personal growth that we have gained for them.

Yaakov Shwekey just released a new song that really touched this cord with me. He has long been a favorite in my family and especially for Avigayil. Since her time in the NICU playing his music has always had a calming effect on her and her breathing and heart rate. During every hospitalization, we would bring her his music on an MP3 and small speakers and play it at her bedside. Somehow, this always helped her health to improve. I will forever be indebted to him for that. For all these reasons and so many more, this new song has really touched me.

I have met so many mothers over the past 4 years, all fighting different battles, all fighting the same battle. Each is as unique as they come. Yet each has the same qualities: persistence and determination, a quiet strength, the ability to continue the fight even when physically and emotionally drained, extream loyalty to the needs of her child. Although there are days that are harder than others, and there are days that we may feel overwhelmed, sad and out of control, I have yet to see a mother faced with her child's challenges fail. Honestly, having gotten to know so many of these women on a personal level, I don't think I ever will. 


No comments:

Post a Comment