Please Daven for Avigayil Bas Rivka Batya.

Please Daven for Avigayil Bas Rivka Batya.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

What Happened

We went in yesterday for Avigayil's peg to be changed.

When I heard her crying I thought that we made it. If she's crying she is not in a coma. Then they brought her out and we tried to feed her through the new tube. After 2cc she turned red, her eyes rolled back and I realized I was seeing my daughter in more pain then I have ever seen.

Turns out her stomach separated from the outer wall and she had a bit of tearing as well. This caused the balloon on the end of the peg to inflate in the abdominal cavity outside of the stomach. It is a very rare complication. We  have now been admitted to pediatric surgery.

The surgeon was able to replace the peg last night and hopefully the pressure of the balloon (now properly inside the stomach) will help her to heal properly, thus avoiding further surgery.  We will not know for a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment